The Bird Wings Beat Forum

Open up your heart and let that little bird out.

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-06 12:27 am

yzerwoman19

Looking for "If You Need a Reason" on vinyl

Hey,

I'm hoping some amazing Mason Jennings fan will be able to help me. I have been searching for weeks and spent countless hours and sleepless nights trying to locate a vinyl record (EP) he released  back in 2006 titled "If you need a reason". It has 5 songs on it and was actually released as a promotion, which is why I'm having such a hard time finding it. I managed to find the CD's but cannot locate the vinyl anywhere. I know it's a stretch but figured someone might have a clue as to where to find it. Would be so great ful for any advice. Thanks:)

Also, for those who have not heard of this record check it out, it's amazing, especially the track "to you". You can find it if you dig a bit for download. Promise you'll thank me:)

#2 2012-05-30 2:58 am

wheelmastercampo

Re: Looking for "If You Need a Reason" on vinyl

I'm 99.9% this EP was only released on CD for the promotion of "Boneclouds". I bought that album twice just to get a copy of the Ep. There was a "Be Here Now" 7" single signed by mason with the B-side "Things Change" (another great mason tune), that could be what you're thinking of.) The EP is mastered pretty well in comparison to the album, which is kind of loud.

That said, I do wish there was a lot more mason releases on wax, especially his early stuff. But certainly all of his work deserves it!

Board footer